Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Saturday 7 February 2015

South Africa - A final roundup

Twenty-five days spent in this extremely safe and wildlife rich country proved to be my favourite trip to date. I planned it all myself (with help from 'where to find birds in Southern Africa')  and everything worked out superbly.

The trip cost no more than £2000 which included all flights, accommodation, two weeks volunteering on the game reserve, car hire and food/drink. 

Considering only my first five days were full on birding days, whilst the other days mainly had other priorities, I notched up a respectable 292 species, of which 34 were lifers. Also something I'm proud of is the 14 Lark species I saw. 

All posts have now been updated with pictures so please keep scrolling down.