Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Thursday 10 September 2015

Madrid 10/9/15

Another stay-over in Madrid only a few miles from the airport. I visited the same wasteground area I visited in the spring. Not much change other than lots of migrating Pied Flycatchers. Another new butterfly species for me here as well.

Totals are:

Zitting Cisticola - 6 
Southern Grey Shrike - 1
Crested Lark - 1
Spotless Starling - a few groups around
Short-toed Treecreeper - 4
Serin - 1
'Continental Coal Tit - 7
Black Redstart - 1 male
Pied Flycatcher - 15

Swallowtail - 1
Oberthur's Grizzled Skipper - 4

 Zitting Cisticola - taken with my phone through my broken bins hence the very poor quality

Oberthur's Grizzled Skipper(?) - narrowed it down to four species with the markings on the upperwing resembling this species rather than Large Grizzled, Sage or Safflower Skipper. Again, taken with my iPhone so yet more poor quality.