Lesser Florican - August 2023

Total Pageviews

Saturday 11 February 2017

East Head & West Dean Woods 11/2/17

Year-listing duties carried on today in the far west where a pair of Snow Buntings had taken a liking to the north end of East Head, West Wittering. These were easy enough to see, as was the Black Redstart along the 'Medmerry Cliff', and at West Dean Woods a couple of Hawfinches were seen straight away but I couldn't locate any Finch flocks up towards Moncton. Heavy snow brought proceedings to an end which fell nicely for me to go home and watch the rugby, and yes the rugby was by far the highlight of the day.

Snow Bunting at East Head - it's been a good few years since I've been here, and what I wasn't expecting was a £3 charge to enter the car park. However, I soon sorted this issue by following a van in so close that the barrier couldn't get down between us. Problem solved!!